Kurouchi Gyuto knives with western handles by Shinichi Watanabe
The primary general-utility knife for most western cooks!
Gyuto is a chef's knife, also known as a French knife, a cook's knife or German-style knife, is a cutting tool used in food preparation. It is the primary general-utility knife for most western cooks. These Gyuto knives are made of Japanese traditional hand forged blades with custom western handles. You can use them as a multi-purpose knife designed to perform well at many differing kitchen tasks, rather than excelling at any one in particular. It can be used for mincing, slicing, and chopping vegetables, slicing meat, and disjointing large cuts.
They are limited version. The hardness of these blades is between HRC 63 to 65. The core steel is blue steel. You have to clean after using. But the steel part is appeared only 3mm wide from the covered outer layer. The outer layer and the handle tongue are made of stainless, and the handle is made of Micarta. They have rust resistance. The Gyuto is very good even for carbon steel beginners.
- Kurouchi Gyuto 180mm with western handles #1 - #5
- Total length 310mm, blade 180mm, width 45mm, thickness Tapered spine 2.8 - 1.5mm, double bevel, material blue steel core with stainless outer
- #1 "STRAIGHT" Black Kami Bakelite (Paper Micarta), Price: JPY27,000 In stock
- #2 "ERGONOMIC" Orange Kami Bakelite (Paper Micarta), Price: JPY27,000 In stock
- #3 "SPACE" Black Kami Bakelite (Paper Micarta), Price: JPY27,000 In stock
- #4 "SPACE" Orange Nuno Bakelite (Linen Micarta), Price: JPY28,000 In stock
- #5 "SPACE" Red dyed maple with horn hilt, Price: JPY30,000 In stock
- Kurouchi petite 120mm with western handles #6
- Total length 230mm, blade 120mm, width 33mm, thickness 2mm, double bevel, material blue steel core with stainless outer
- #6 "SPACE" Orange Honey Comb G10, Price: JPY21,500 In stock